- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Understanding of GSK business and IT systems gained from previous roles in IT central functions and/or business units
• Strong knowledge of IT processes, risks and controls
• Experience in consulting, implementing or auditing SAP products is advantageous
• Experience in risk assessment and mitigation; design, implementation and testing of controls is strongly preferred
• Proven track record of managing complex projects / initiatives including planning, organising and managing people to deliver within agreed timelines
• Good problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to absorb new information and assess processes using a risk and control focus
• Strong collaboration, partnership and influencing skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to challenge the status quo
• A self-starter, results-oriented
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g., IT, Finance, business, life sciences, pharmacy)
• Professional certification in risk management, audit, security or project management is advantageous
• Knowledge of the GSK Internal Control Framework and GSK’s approach to risk management
• Understanding of GSK regulatory environment (e.g. SOX, GxP) and risks associated with applications, databases, operating systems or SaaS solutions
• An awareness of IT management frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ITIL)
• An awareness of Accelerated Development Process (ADP) tools
• Proficient in English is essential. Foreign language skills preferred.
• Willingness to travel (20% - open to discussion)
Please see basic requirements
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
In Audit & Assurance (A&A), we are looking for talents with expertise and functional knowledge of IT systems, risks and controls to join our team as an Audit Manager.
A&A is responsible for providing an objective view of risk management at a point in time. By raising awareness, we inspire meaningful action before potential issues become real issues. We collaborate and partner on the shared goal of reducing risk to GSK – protecting the interests of our patients. We are in the unique position to view across the GSK enterprise, connecting insights and sharing learnings in the risk space through our assurance and advisory product portfolio.
A&A is recruiting Audit Managers to fulfil the increasing need to provide assurance over GSK’s information protection and privacy risks. This growth is mainly driven by the continued reliance placed on IT systems to run the business; the increased levels of automation and investment on technology; and the ongoing challenges to protect our information from theft, loss or damage, considering the rapid evolution of IT risks, technology and regulations
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
As an Audit Manager, your role will be to deliver objective and insightful assurance that inspires meaningful action in reducing risk to GSK. This role is critical to illuminating the current state of risk management, giving credit for good practices, identifying issues, understanding root cause, and connecting dots across disparate activities to deliver insights that mobilize the organisation to improve.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
• Engage auditees and other business stakeholders in a way that inspires and builds trust, mutual understanding, and respect.
• Deliver timely and meaningful audit outputs in alignment with the Core Audit Process (or other assurance products as required), providing a holistic view of risk management in a language the business understands. This includes not only identifying gaps in control and risk management, but also good practices and insights to be shared and leveraged more broadly across GSK.
• Apply the Core Audit Process on assigned audit engagements to develop risk assessments, complete testing procedures, write and present findings to management and support auditees in the development of corrective and preventative actions to drive change and continuous improvement in GSK.
• Actively join the dots to see the bigger picture and deliver meaningful insights, and appropriate context to support action.
• Connect auditees and other business stakeholders to insights and resources that will deepen their understanding of risk and the Internal Control Framework (ICF).
• Anticipate and effectively manage potential obstacles to audit delivery and risk reduction; ensure timely escalation. Demonstrate a flexible approach to work, rebalancing priorities where necessary and solving problems creatively.
• Uphold A&A consistent standards, whilst working efficiently and minimizing non-value added activities.
• Lead by example to challenge the status quo and create a vibrant, values-based work environment. Develop self and others through giving and receiving feedback to promote continuous improvement. Engage in peer to peer coaching, teaching, and mentoring.
• Actively contribute to the evolution of A&A assurance strategies and audit universe entries.
• Expand the knowledge base of the A&A team through proactive knowledge sharing and collaboration. Share your experience actively for relevant audits. Build your own knowledge of new areas and actively participate in audits of new areas to increase your audit experience and flexibility as required by A&A.
• Champion A&A strategic projects and initiatives.
As an Audit Manager, your development will be accelerated and you can expect to:
• Develop a deeper understanding of your functional area
• Develop broader perspectives and a “One GSK” enterprise mindset
• Gain GSK knowledge and cultural awareness
• Engage with stakeholders at every level of the organisation
• Grow cross-functional networks
• Enhance your leadership capabilities in communication, collaboration, challenge and influencing
• Build critical capability in risk management
The role has no permanent line management responsibilities, but the role holder will periodically act as Engagement Lead for an audit team, managing the audit team and the delivery end-to-end.
The Audit Manager role will deliver audit and assurance products over the Information Protection and Privacy risks. This includes one or more of the following IT risk areas: application and infrastructure security, change management, project and programme management, service management, continuity management and data integrity.
If you are interested in broadening your understanding of GSK, performing risk based audits as a means to enrich your professional experience; a career step in A&A may meet your expectations.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.