- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Chemical or Microbiology discipline and / or relevant production industry experience in an operations role.
• Background in the Pharmaceutical or FMCG industries and an understanding / experience of GMP, including hosting of Regulatory Inspections in production facilities.
• Experience of pharmaceutical manufacturing or packaging operations in a first line leader role or equivalent operations support role.
• Experience of managing leaders.
• Demonstrable experience of OE / Lean Manufacturing and experience of change and / or continuous improvement.
• Lean Sigma Green Belt accredited.
• Experience in cost centre management and ownership of budgets.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Good understanding of the Quality Management System and Environmental Health & Safety processes.
• Experience of coaching others.
• Ability to drive Zero Waste, Zero Accidents and Zero Defects.
• Self motivation and drive with strong interpersonal skills to work alongside teams
• Ability to plan, organize and control workloads of self and other to meet deadlines and deliver schedule and targets.
• Communication skills at all levels both written and verbal, and the ability to present data and information to others.
• Computer Skills – Excel/PowerPoint/Word/SAP M-ERP.
• Safety IOSH training / certification
GSK have a challenging and inspiring mission: to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
At Worthing, our focus is to manufacture and supply the broad-spectrum antibiotic, Augmentin as oral tablets, suspensions and sterile injectable dose forms. The site has a complex operation with two orals manufacturing areas, two packing areas with 12 lines, a bulk sterile manufacturing plant and vial filling lines. There has been significant recent investment in the site including a new £120m bulk sterile facility due to come on line in 2019.
The Orals Operations Manager has responsibility for the Orals Value Stream, processes and associated decisions to ensure delivery of customer service and schedule adherence whilst maintaining quality and safety standards for their area of responsibility.
• To be responsible for the Safety, Compliance, and Performance of operations (and associated services) in the operational area.
• To maximize the effectiveness of all activities within the operational area from receipt of orders, procurement of raw materials, manufacture of products through to use by the customer.
• Leadership and development of the operational area in order to maintain site expertise.
• Line management of the operational area.
• Maintain a compliant operational area in terms of health, safety and environmental requirements.
• Maintain operations such that all Quality and cGMP standards are complied with.
• Ensure on-time manufacture and supply of strategic products to the GSK supply chain to meet the changing demands of customers
• Review financial performance planning, monitoring and delivering the required business performance.
• To seek to constantly improve operations by the use of appropriate Operational Excellence tools and techniques.
• To comply with all company and statutory requirements taking account of all relevant HR and L&D processes and mechanisms.
Please note this role is based at the Worthing Campus.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Closing date for applications: COB - 1st December 2017.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.