- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
GSK Maidenhead is one of the most advanced operations of its kind in the world. Here we produce over 400,000,000 units of toothpaste and 18,000,000 units of mouthwash on an annual basis. This site is home to some of our most recognisable brands such as Sensodyne and Aquafresh.
Given these huge volumes of production it is essential that we look after our machinery and ensure that the necessary preventative and corrective maintenance takes place. This is why we need your skills and experience.
It will be your role to plan, organise and ensure that all maintenance activities take place to ensure that the site exceeds its required customer service level. You will do this by liaising with internal stakeholders, planning, working with production plans and ensuring that maintenance required meets appropriate statutory, GES and vendor recommendations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to have a massive impact on the business immediately.
• To produce, manage and optimize the maintenance plan for Production equipment and Machinery on site. Look for opportunities to improve the process to be more effective.
• The Maintenance plan is to be a 12 month cycle and issued in weekly and Monthly plans for the teams.
• To liaise with Production to ensure the plan is administered so to minimize production downtime and ensure limited impact to Customer Service.
• Monitor the hand over to/from Production to ensure that the equipment is effectively handed over to Engineering and that the Ramp up, post Maintenance intervention, is minimal and not detrimental to output.
• Ensure that all legislative and regulatory work is carried out to schedule and recorded to comply with current and future regulations.
• Provide MERPS system support and training in respect of end user requirements and queries.
• Generate Engineering KPI’s weekly and monthly for monitoring purposes to ensure Maintenance performance.
• Review and present the Maintenance and Engineering KPI’s to ensure effective use of resources and equipment.
• Co-ordinate and manage weekly maintenance planning meetings for all Value Streams to establish the overall maintenance plan.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key stake holders and the Engineering Team.
• To review the corrective maintenance and schedule where required to satisfy customer requirements.
• To identify and match resources, including manpower, materials and enabling works, with the maintenance workload.
• To monitor the routine maintenance workload and ensure out of tolerance dates for statutory safety and GMP routines are not exceeded.
• Integrate contracts maintenance routines into plan, to minimize production windows required.
• To produce specific shutdown plans for Maintenance and Improvements, where required.
• Providing a SAP data maintenance service to the site.
• To work within the Engineering team, to ensure all areas; discuss, highlight and plan to enable Effective Maintenance and Continuous Improvement.
• To be the SME for the Maintenance plan and where required attend Audits and deliver to Auditors, both internal and external.
Knowledge and Experience Required
• Machinery Maintenance knowledge – able to understand tasks, events, frequencies and detail required
• Ability to use the SAP / MERP system
• Experience of working within an FMCG and/or cGMP environment
• Recognised Engineering qualification, ideally to degree level
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 21st November 2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.