- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Experience in healthcare, in pharmaceutical (medical or marketing background), management consultancy or financial institution.
• Proven application of high quality commercial analysis and ability to provide insightful commercial and market insight analysis
• Thorough conceptual understanding of the drug development and commercialization process.
• Able to deliver business impact in a global matrix environment, across a range of functions, seniority, and geographical locations.
• Ability to lead the delivery of projects from end to end and take ownership and accountability for the deliverables
• Experience in working with partners at a local level and across various geographies, to obtain appropriate country-level information and insight
• Analytical and critical thinking capability
• Good understanding of both financial and marketing processes
• Experience of strategic planning, market research and forecasting/ financial modelling.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. The biggest contribution we can make to society is to innovate and widen access to new medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
In 2015, we invested £3.1 billion in core Research & Development (R&D). 11,000 of our employees work in our R&D centres around the world, including our five global R&D hubs in the UK, US, Belgium, Italy and China. Our scientists also work with the broader scientific community to accelerate progress and develop new products of value.
Within our Pharmaceuticals and Vaccines businesses, we are focused on the delivery of medicines in six core areas: Respiratory, HIV and infectious diseases, oncology, immuno-inflammation, vaccines and rare diseases. Across these six areas, our scientists are using ‘next generation’ technology platforms to increase understanding of disease mechanisms, which will help us deliver significant medical advances to patients.
GSK is the world’s leading respiratory company, building on a long heritage of innovation in respiratory medicine. Most recently GSK has introduced a new portfolio of inhaled medicines for Asthma and COPD in addition to launching the 1st biologic treatment for severe eosinophilic asthma.
GSK has a rich pipeline of potential new medicines being developed not just in asthma and COPD but in other respiratory diseases such as IPF, Cystic Fibrosis, Cough and ARDS.
Full details of our pipeline can be found on our website https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/investors/product-pipeli...
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Customer Insight Director to join our Commercial Analytics organisation and support our future respiratory portfolio. This is a key role providing robust, insightful and objective commercial analysis to value key products, drive commercial strategy and decision making.
In this role you will be the lead contact for asset Medicine Commercialization Leads and represent the Commercial Analysis Platform on their project teams. You will provide insightful and objective analysis of commercial opportunities, including analysis of market drivers, the competitive environment and treatment trends, provide objective insight in context for the investment and strategy decisions. As the Customer Insight Director, you will manage qualitative and quantitative market research projects and develop forecasts to ensure that robust evidence-based insight and foresight is available for key decision points in the development of the pipeline. You will provide clear, insightful interpretation of available internal and external data to senior internal stakeholders.
You will also contribute to the development and smooth operation of the Insight and Analytics support services for the respiratory aligned GSK Knowledge Centre based in Gurgaon, India.
• Develop robust, evidence-based global market evolution and product positioning to support pipeline assets as well as any business development opportunities, identify sensitivities and key areas of uncertainty in the forecast and communicate these risks appropriately to senior management, providing broad context and foresight
• Contribute to initiatives to improve the quality of market / brand understanding and forecasting through analogue and benchmarking exercises based on secondary data and competitor intelligence.
• Contribute to the formulation of product strategy, in conjunction with Franchise teams to ensure that maximum return is obtained from the development and commercialisation of products.
• Define, structure, plan and commission any market research that may be required to answer questions not already addressed through internal knowledge and experience and/or secondary data sources, ensure all market insight activities are conducted in an ethical way and according to relevant Codes of Conduct
• Ensure on delivery of market research that high-quality insights are derived and integrated into wider asset understanding and strategy
• Lead input for numerous internal asset planning and development processes, e.g. Medicines Vision, by contributing evidence based situational analyses, forecasts, defining appropriate pre- and post-launch KPIs
• Develop and champion best-practice models as member of Commercial Analytics Platform, leverage expertise from other Global Platform functions e.g.. Market Access, Launch Excellence
• Contribute to the training and development of the Knowledge Centre to ensure it is optimised to deliver maximum value and on-time delivery.
Closing date for applications: 21st November 2017
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.