- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• MD or MD and PhD
• 5 + years clinical experience in the treatment of HIV infected patients
• Background in health services research and implementation (translational) science
• Board Certification in Internal Medicine/ Infectious Disease
• MPH degree or other Public Health experience would be helpful
• Academic background and excellence in teaching
• Implementation Science Qualification / understanding
About ViiV Healthcare:
ViiV Healthcare is an independent, global specialist HIV company established in 2009 with commitment to deliver innovative new options for the care and treatment of people living with HIV/AIDS.
Formed through a unique partnership between GSK and Pfizer, the company now combines the HIV expertise of GSK, Pfizer and Shionogi, who joined in 2012 following a long-term collaboration on the joint development of several novel integrase inhibitors.
Our current portfolio of twelve HIV treatments generated annual sales of £2.3 billion in 2015 providing us with the financial stability to take a sustainable, long-term view when investing in our pipeline of new medicines. Our scientists are 100% dedicated to finding new ways to limit the impact of HIV on the 36.9 million people living with the virus and understanding how best to prevent and treat the disease. Find out more about our commitment to R&D.
Our dedicated staff of more than 700 people work in 15 countries. We extend this geographical reach still further via our relationship with GSK to establish a presence in more than 65 countries around the globe. We are equipped to move quickly in response to the needs of the HIV community and have launched industry-leading access initiatives to help deliver on World Health Organisation/UNAIDS goals to reach all those who need treatment. Find out more about our innovative and sustainable approach to access.
In addition, we actively support community initiatives in HIV, including our Positive Action programmes, by partnering with like-minded organisations that share our ethos.
1) As therapeutics have vastly improved for the treatment of HIV Disease over the recent years, there has been increasing recognition of the need for more focus on the implementation (the application of these advances into regular medical care and public policy) of these therapeutics in treatment strategies that will potentially lead to control of the HIV pandemic. Previously these efforts have been fragmented across several groups in ViiV Healthcare. The central purpose of this job is unify and lead these efforts from a companywide standpoint. The efforts of this position are unified under the Game Changers strategic initiative, for which this position will provide senior medical leadership and link innovations to implementation as ViiV Healthcare engages with public health organizations, healthcare systems, and healthcare foundations
2) The role will take on medical leadership of the ViiV “Game Changer initiative”.
a. The role will be tasked with the development and accountability for delivery of implementation strategy for ViiV healthcare innovative therapeutics.
b. The role will require extensive collaboration and leadership across the ViiV Chief Scientific & Medical Office (CSMO), Regions and LOCs, Government Affairs, Public Policy & Patient Advocacy (GAPPA), and Global Commercial Strategy (GCS) to develop and align on implementation strategies within ViiV.
3) The role will require extensive collaboration with Public Health groups (e.g. WHO, UNAIDS, UNITAID, etc.), foundations (e.g. Wellcome Foundation, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation) and government groups (e.g. PEPFAR, USAID, etc.) to develop and align implementation strategies across the globe.
4) The role will explore partnerships with technology companies to develop innovative tools for helping with diagnosis, adherence, and linkage to care. Close collaboration with ViiV Business Development and the HIVE innovation unit will be required.
• Responsible and accountable for implementation science and approaches of evidence-based interventions and HIV Health Outcomes
• Serves as a leader within ViiV and externally for advancing the field of implementation science in HIV.
o Accountable for alignment and organization of implementation science strategies (activities and evidence generation related to assuring that the research and medicines being produced by ViiV will be integrated into clinical practice and policy. Provides senior medical leadership to the ViiV Game Changer Initiative, including
Partnerships focused on achieving the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goals (IAPAC Fast Track Cities, Positive Pathways for best practices in HIV care and management, Positive Partnerships program for interventions aimed at improving the treatment cascade) and advancing the knowledge base for HIV implementation science. .
Expert advice towards the development Health Outcomes initiatives that the drive to establish Quality of Life (QoL) and Wellness metrics as part of the regular patient/HCP interaction, and supporting the development of health economic models that assess the impact of clinical and non-clinical interventions on the treatment cascade and build the knowledge base for economics of implementation science.
Provide leadership in Knowledge Exchange (internally and externally) focused on improving the management and care of HIV and driving to reduce the impact and spread of the epidemic.
• Provides ongoing senior medical leadership within the CSMO organization, including:
o Accountable for VIRET (Investigator sponsored studies review team) and Collaborative Studies group
o Act as a consultant re implementation science strategies for Game Changers and multidisciplinary ViiV groups such as Prevention, Paediatric and Ageing work streams.
• Responsible for developing and advancing a number of key external partnerships:
o Partnerships to help advance the treatment cascade
o Public/private partnerships to foster Knowledge Exchange and learnings of implementation science / strategies
• Acts as a spokesman for ViiV Healthcare and serves as a key representative of ViiV with Public Health groups; is a key resource for ViiV Executive team.
• ABPI Signatory – to support the approval of global materials (medical affairs)
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.