- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Bachelors degree or equivalent
• Thorough understanding and broad experience of the Rx channel and how to influence the commercial agenda in this area
• Understanding of how an Account Manager/Buyer relationship functions.
• Broad business knowledge and market understanding.
• Experience of building relationships at all levels within an external organisation.
• A tenacious and entrepreneurial approach in the role is key to building and sustaining new long term relationships.
• Financial numeracy to be able to build strategically sound, financially robust proposals that exploit opportunities.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
GSK Consumer Healthcare combines our strong pharmaceutical capabilities in regulatory, medical, drug manufacturing, and healthcare professional access - doctors, dentists, pharmacists - with best in class fast moving consumer goods capabilities - consumer insight, speed to market, brand focus and the ability to effectively partner with retailers. We call this combination of pharmaceutical and fast moving consumer goods capabilities ‘Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare’, and believe we are uniquely placed to become the first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Company driven by science and values.
To find out more about Working at GSK, click here.
To find out more about GSK Consumer Healthcare, click here.
Reporting to the Pharmacy Controller, the purpose of this newly created role is to drive and deliver a mutually profitable plan for Rx Oral care/ Rx Healthcare in Pharmacy Channel across all Customers. You will act as a lead for Rx /Ethical Lines across all functions and in the eyes of the customer, driving commercial agreements including equalisation deals, market insights and Intel plus Channel Forecasting. This role requires a passionate and determined individual who has a proactive approach to work and a self-starter attitude to learning and developing themselves.
Due to the strategic nature of this role, you will need to be able to work cross-functionally (Field Sales, Category, Marketing, Supply, and GSK Pharma) to drive category and brand performance in their customer. You will own the Rx channel P&L, driving for results and best in class execution (70% of this role) as well as owning the Alliance relationship within the wider Walgreens Boots Alliance context and the P&L for this customer (30% of this role).
• Strategic Planning – To develop and deliver a business strategy with the customer across the CHGBI Rx /ethical portfolio which delivers long term sustainable profit growth.
• Customer Contact – To build relationships with key trading team contacts (Wholesale & Retail) and utilise these relationships to influence decisions being made in the Pharmacy Rx Channel (Hospital , Prisons, NHS Contracts : 1ST Line Formulary/LA Stop Smoking))
• To work in conjunction with the Rx and Pharmacy Field sales in order to determine execution opportunities in Rx /Cx cross-over categories
• To make key category recommendations to the customer on range, distribution and NPD by understanding and utilising the market data available across IMS and Customer data.
• Financial Management – To build a range of P&L’s in order to understand the shape and profitability of the business and identify opportunities for future growth.
• To build and develop a robust commercial plan that delivers both against GSK and customer needs.
• End to end product management – Lead and implement artwork changes in conjunction with GSK regulatory teams (Rx portfolio plus Scopoderm)
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we’ll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 19th October 2017
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.