- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• University Degree preferably in Marketing, Communications, Business, Technology or Advertising
• Experience in Media Strategy and Trading as well as Communications Planning
• Demonstrable project management skills
• Deep subject-matter expertise in online and offline media, digital marketing, media landscape and communications planning principles. Deep subject-matter expertise that is globally relevant and locally adaptable
• Ability to develop, embed, track and report on meaningful performance metrics
• Effective stakeholder management is critical to successfully deliver complex plans across multiple partners, brands and geographies including strong oral and written communication skills, effective at all levels of capability and seniority. Clear ability to make the complex simple.
• In addition to these, a commercial background is also warranted to understand the contractual aspects of a successful partnership with an agency or media partner and how to contribute/lead the development of a deal structure and deliver value unlock opportunities back to the business.
• Media Digital Agency and Communications Planning background strongly preferred
• Similar role at other marketers a plus (e.g., Unilever, P&G, Reckitt, J&J)
• Experience leading and developing teams required
• Openness to spending required time at GSK House in Brentford, TBD/ad hoc.
Who we are
A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better,
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
What we do
We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our 3 global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.
Pharmaceuticals – Our Pharmaceutical business has a broad portfolio of innovative and established medicines. We currently focus on developing new medicines in respiratory and HIV/infectious diseases, oncology and immuno-inflammation; with discovery research exploring these and other areas.
Vaccines – Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
Consumer Healthcare – Our Consumer Healthcare business develops and markets consumer preferred and expert recommended brands in the Oral Health, Pain Relief, Respiratory, Nutrition/Gastro-intestinal and Skin Health categories.
How we’ll do it
Everyone at GSK will focus on 3 priorities – Innovation, Performance, Trust
We invest in scientific and technical excellence to develop and launch a pipeline of new products that meet the needs of patients, payers and consumers.
We aim to achieve industry-leading growth by investing effectively in our business, developing our people and delivering flawlessly.
We commit to ensuring the quality, safety and reliable supply of our products; and to building trust through our approach to engagement, pricing, global health and being a progressive employer.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of
Our values: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
Our expectations: Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
Why we do it
To help people do more, feel better, live longer
GSK is on a journey towards digital transformation to become the global leader in bringing the best in class analytics and insights, to serve the consumer and patient. In April 2017, Emma Walmsley, formerly the Head GSK Consumer, was appointed CEO of GSK and has been vocal about her desire to accelerate GSK’s digital transformation. This strategy is far reaching and will extend to all corners of the business – from Big Data and applications of artificial intelligence in R&D to New Media in bringing to life consumer brands.
In GSK Consumer, Marc Speichert was hired as Chief Digital Officer, coming from Google and L’Oréal before that.
The Category Media Director is a critical role in delivering GSK’s Digital Vision of “Building more meaningful consumer connections to fuel brand growth through data driven marketing.” This role will provide media and communications planning leadership for the UK-based global category teams and work in close partnership with the Nyon-based Category Media Director to define overall Category ways of workings, deliverables, simplification, agency service, etc.
As the successful applicant you will be accountable for the delivery of Media Guidelines for the UK-based global Categories (e.g., Oral Health Care, Skin). These guidelines should be rooted in brand strategy, consumer journey and consistent with GSK global media principles. You will be accountable for the successful embedding and activation of the guidelines in the markets, predominantly the Priority Markets and you will also be required to set and track success KPIs to ensure what is being implemented in the markets is having the intended impact on the business. The role will require a close partnership with Digital Lead and Marketing at the formation of Content strategy to ensure assets developed are aligned to channel mix.
Partnering closely with the regional media leads, you will ensure efficient and effective global to local handoffs and seamless cooperation between the two teams. You will also partner with the media agency global teams to build, deliver and embed the global guidelines. Finally, you and your Nyon counterpart will jointly recommend and manage the media agency service model.
• You will be responsible for the delivery of robust and aligned global media and communication planning guidelines for all UK-based Categories and Brands.
• You will lead the deployment, embedding, stewarding and tracking of the guidelines into the local markets, working closely with the local media managers.
• This role will involve creating and tracking success KPIs to ensure the guidelines are being consistently applied and are having the desired business impact.
• As the successful applicant, you will partner cross-functionally to ensure the appropriate fit for purpose assets and content are created and available to leverage successfully
• You will manage the media agency service to ensure the scopes and personnel are in place to effectively deliver the work.
• Partnering with the Nyon-based Global Category Director to develop and implement Category ways of working, practices, processes and templates, etc.
• You will lead capability build for Categories leveraging the media agencies and media partners such as Google and Facebook
Closing date for applications: October 23rd 2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.