- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Experience of working in a large complex organisation preferably with CPG experience
• Significant experience of working with globally recognised brands
• Experience of bringing new technology or devices to market
• Significant experience of Marketing & Brand Management experience within Technology / Electronic devices
• Multi Country Experience
• Experience of leading a team
Who we are
A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better,
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
What we do
We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our 3 global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.
Pharmaceuticals – Our Pharmaceutical business has a broad portfolio of innovative and established medicines. We currently focus on developing new medicines in respiratory and HIV/infectious diseases, oncology and immuno-inflammation; with discovery research exploring these and other areas.
Vaccines – Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
Consumer Healthcare – Our Consumer Healthcare business develops and markets consumer preferred and expert recommended brands in the Oral Health, Pain Relief, Respiratory, Nutrition/Gastro-intestinal and Skin Health categories.
How we’ll do it
Everyone at GSK will focus on 3 priorities – Innovation, Performance, Trust
We invest in scientific and technical excellence to develop and launch a pipeline of new products that meet the needs of patients, payers and consumers.
We aim to achieve industry-leading growth by investing effectively in our business, developing our people and delivering flawlessly.
We commit to ensuring the quality, safety and reliable supply of our products; and to building trust through our approach to engagement, pricing, global health and being a progressive employer.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of
Our values: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
Our expectations: Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
Why we do it
To help people do more, feel better, live longer
GSK Digital Transformation:
GSK is on a journey towards digital transformation to become the global leader in bringing the best in class analytics and insights, to serve the consumer and patient. In April 2017, Emma Walmsley, formerly the Head GSK Consumer, was appointed CEO of GSK and has been vocal about her desire to accelerate GSK’s digital transformation. This strategy is far reaching and will extend to all corners of the business – from Big Data and applications of artificial intelligence in R&D to New Media in bringing to life consumer brands.
In GSK Consumer, Marc Speichert was hired as Chief Digital Officer, coming from L’Oréal and Google before that.
To enable closer alignment between the Digital R&D teams and the Commercial Marketing teams we have created a new business development capability that will sit within the Global eCommerce team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the digital futures strategy across all markets/brands for GSK Consumer Healthcare as we explore new avenues of growth via new channels, new and adjacent categories and new technologies.
As the successful applicant, you will be responsible for creating, executing and managing an integrated innovation plan to position GSK Consumer Health as an innovative player, supporting the creation of new digital revenue streams. This will be achieved by creating complementary solutions leveraging GSK’s digital assets, enriching our digital services portfolio and/or solving consumers’ problems, and igniting an innovation culture.
• You will own the digital innovation and device contribution for the category strategic plan: top line and contribution (Gross sales, COGS A&P, people resources, and budget), innovation performance, geo expansion projects, category/brand market share, portfolio NPV, and delivery of Year 1/3 performance of platform (sales, gross margin, market share) in collaboration with areas, markets and GILs.
• This role will be responsible for delivering the full go to market plan for digital innovation - ensuring the support plans are developed against relevant trial barriers and are fit for purpose within the key markets
• As the successful applicant, you will lead the roll out plans for digital technology with speed to market
• You will lead the cross-category inputs to drive data platform choices, data connection and overall data strategy requirements in connected digital innovation
• You will monitor, communicate and incorporate external trends in digital innovation - provide input to brand heads and on target and resource gaps, key risks and opportunities
• This role will lead the digital innovation agenda with clear indications on stage gate, risk profile, NPV, key deliverables etc. by integrating into single master plan
• Lead ideation process and conduct idea screening validation. You will decide on new products ideas on the platform based on value.
• Provide strong liaison and consultancy with GSK area teams on capability and go to market optimizations to drive best in class launches
• Lead and drive innovation initiatives with third parties including Accelerator and Incubator programs
• Input into brand strat plan/budget, resource mix, and brand strategies across commercial/product/packaging to various brand leads and strategic plan development team
Closing date for applications: October 23rd 2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.