- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Significant experience in building global SEO Strategy & directly involved in Tactical Execution and managing teams
• Deep experience working in and leading integrated teams (collaboration, data sharing, co-leading efforts focused on client satisfaction, growth, performance vs KPIs)
• Experience with innovative or custom program development (eg. – Artificial intelligence, Alexa, Voice search)
• Have a deep understanding of the digital marketing landscape, including Search, Social, Programmatic, e-Commerce
• Experience in successfully planning and completing large-scale, global projects: setting and meeting milestone & overall deadlines, team delegation, client communication
• Ability to make operational recommendations and decisions
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience of analytics
• Experience of working in an agency setting
• Experience of working in new and unfamiliar scenarios related to SEO and Digital Marketing
• Experience of leading a team
Who we are
A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better,
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
What we do
We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our 3 global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.
Pharmaceuticals – Our Pharmaceutical business has a broad portfolio of innovative and established medicines. We currently focus on developing new medicines in respiratory and HIV/infectious diseases, oncology and immuno-inflammation; with discovery research exploring these and other areas.
Vaccines – Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
Consumer Healthcare – Our Consumer Healthcare business develops and markets consumer preferred and expert recommended brands in the Oral Health, Pain Relief, Respiratory, Nutrition/Gastro-intestinal and Skin Health categories.
How we’ll do it
Everyone at GSK will focus on 3 priorities – Innovation, Performance, Trust
We invest in scientific and technical excellence to develop and launch a pipeline of new products that meet the needs of patients, payers and consumers.
We aim to achieve industry-leading growth by investing effectively in our business, developing our people and delivering flawlessly.
We commit to ensuring the quality, safety and reliable supply of our products; and to building trust through our approach to engagement, pricing, global health and being a progressive employer.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of
Our values: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
Our expectations: Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
Why we do it
To help people do more, feel better, live longer
GSK is on a journey towards digital transformation to become the global leader in bringing the best in class analytics and insights, to serve the consumer and patient. In April 2017, Emma Walmsley, formerly the Head GSK Consumer, was appointed CEO of GSK and has been vocal about her desire to accelerate GSK’s digital transformation. This strategy is far reaching and will extend to all corners of the business – from Big Data and applications of artificial intelligence in R&D to New Media in bringing to life consumer brands.
In GSK Consumer, Marc Speichert was hired as Chief Digital Officer, coming from L’Oréal and Google before that.
We’re seeking a search expert to be our Global SEO Director in Weybridge, Surrey. This unique role is pivotal in helping GSK brands globally establish a stronger foothold in SEO across international markets in the areas of Technical Website Foundation, Search-Led & Optimized Content, and Creating Awareness. You will establish new ways of working for SEO planning and execution across key GSK stakeholders and their markets. You will also work daily with internal and external partners, such as Media Agencies, Content Partners, IT Developers, and Vendors like Google, Yandex, Baidu, etc.
In this role, you will lead SEO Strategy, Execution and Innovation for some of the most popular brands in the world, like Sensodyne, Theraflu, Otravin, Panadol and Voltaren, among others. We’re looking for a leader in search and content marketing to assist our brands to deliver for today’s opportunities and help set us up for success in this quickly changing landscape. Thinking differently is not only encouraged, it is celebrated at GSK. We are looking for next generation talent to help build and lead cutting edge GSK brands to head first into the future.
OUR EXPECTATIONS OF YOU:
• You will effectively lead our brand teams, agency partners, and vendors to deliver best-in-class SEO strategy and implementation including technical, content and awareness generation.
• As the successful applicant, you will set the SEO agenda, KPIs, and approach for GSK’s brands
• You will establish new ways of working for SEO planning and execution across key GSK stakeholders and their markets
• If successful, you will partner with our Paid Search team to link the strategies for the broader benefit of our brands digital presence
• Expand the teams thinking through inspirational and actionable strategy on current and new platforms and technology (i.e. Google, Yandex, Baidu platforms, eCommerce/Amazon, voice search, connected devices).
• Champion SEO education, best practices, and capability building across our five Categories and focused on our Power Brands.
• Lead the Technical, content and link building strategies for our website redesigns and help decipher and prioritize key content recommendations.
• Strong ability to provide deep analysis to rationalize and measure your SEO decisions. Apply business rationale to our decision making and choices.
• A clear and persuasive communicator to inspire various teams and set them towards a path of growth while managing senior stakeholders on our progress and milestones
Closing date for applications: October 23rd 2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.