- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• University Degree in Marketing or Communications (Bsc).
• Demonstrable experience in digital marketing, brand building, and communications.
• Proven commercial success following the development and execution of HCP / Medical marketing programmes; performance and delivery focused.
• Experience working on brand development, marketing / activation for FMCH/FMCG, consumer-facing brands in a Scientific Communications function.
• Must have command and passion for digital marketing strategy, best practices, trends and tools.
• Particular strengths in digital marketing include search marketing (SEM/SEO), content marketing, social media, mobile marketing, influencer and earned media campaigns, user generated content, relationship marketing, eCommerce, and use of web analytics and how they are applied.
• Must have full understanding of Paid, Owned, Earned, aspects of Digital marketing and how it fits as part of on overall, integrated marketing mix.
• Proven track record of driving a digital agenda in an organization with transformational results.
• Ability to build relationships and manage performance of key partners in a fast-paced environment.
• Comfort with ambiguity, and building capabilities/organizations with very little definition.
• Digital Agency experience would be ideal.
• Experience in healthcare/consumer healthcare/CPG communications field gained in-house or at a global agency, with understanding of regulatory environment
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical, vaccine and healthcare companies, employing over 100,000 people globally with offices in more than 115 countries, with more than a third in emerging markets. GSK have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 84 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China. GSK Mission and Strategy - to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
GSK is on a journey towards digital transformation to become the global leader in bringing the best in class analytics and insights, to serve the consumer and patient. In April 2017, Emma Walmsley, formerly the Head GSK Consumer, was appointed CEO of GSK and has been vocal about her desire to accelerate GSK’s digital transformation.
This strategy is far reaching and will extend to all corners of the business – from Big Data and applications of artificial intelligence in R&D to New Media in bringing to life consumer brands. In GSK Consumer, Marc Speichert was hired as Chief Digital Officer, coming from L’Oréal and Google before that.
We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of our Global Consumer Digital Marketing Team in the role of Global Digital Expert Marketing Manager. The successful candidate will support the Oral Health Category through enabling relevant and impactful engagement with Healthcare Professionals, at global and local level, driving category growth; measured in expert recommendations, sales value & profit growth. This role involves a strong focus on leading and creating digital expert communication through deep understanding of the medical condition and the HCP. The role will include successful communication of the expert voice and their needs, increase awareness and responsibly drive the expert agenda.
The Global Digital Expert Marketing Manager role is responsible to partnering our brand teams to develop & manage world-class Global digital marketing programs targeted to Healthcare Professionals. This position must build programs that uniquely deliver key messages to the HCP to influence educate them on our products and ultimately drive recommendations and sales. We’re looking for someone who has deep understanding of digital platforms, media targeting, and marketing communications.
OUR EXPECTATIONS OF YOU:
• The Expert Communications Manager is responsible for creating Expert Marketing materials and content that improves key performance measures of our brands and business: Recommendation levels, and Brand Recommended Most Often to drive the credibility and sales of our brands.
• They are also responsible for the digital expert strategy, content and execution via online platforms and other channels, and creating and executing the right success measures of all expert engagement channels.
• Develop Digital asset recommendations across Paid / Owned / Earned media in collaboration with Global Brand Leads, regions & areas – driven by KPIs, performance and deployment feedback
• Ability to work with multifunctional teams, e.g. R&D, Medical Affairs, and Regulatory Affairs to co-create, understand and communicate (verbal and written) scientific information to both professional (mainly Healthcare Professionals) and commercial audiences
• Significant experience in developing differentiated content based on strong story telling mind set, through working with Consumer Insights, Communications, and creative healthcare agencies and adapting this content across multiple channels – such as Social Media, WOM Marketing, Search, eCRM, eSales aids, medical conferences and physical and digital platforms.
• Experienced in connections planning to work collaboratively with our media team in putting creative and media ideas in market; specific areas could include: advanced thinking around dynamic creative for programmatic, audience identification through behavior analysis and AI, and CRM program development and optimization through strong data-driven approach.
• Inspire and develops team and organization on Marketing (and digital marketing) skills for today’s consumer. Coaches team, peers and colleagues for performance and capability development
• Implements defined Digital Marketing Capability for their respective brands and wider marketing and functional support teams.
• Drive the roll-out plan and feedback of key learnings in partnership with regions and areas for digital programmes across multiple digital platforms.
• Be the key point of contact for area digital leads, LOC brand teams to service their needs to ensure excellent execution and full “Buy In” at a senior global and local stakeholder level.
• Experience of managing projects & timelines
• and communicating through strong verbal and presentations skills.
Closing date for applications: 22nd October 2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.