- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
•PQE finance partnering or business development experience gained in a blue chip industry, investment banking or transaction support environment
• Expertise in valuation methods, option analysis and investment decision making - specifically the ability to create, understand and operate complex financial models and to use judgement in assessing their outputs
• Communicating for results – specifically the ability to present clearly and effectively the often complex and outputs from financial models
• Personal credibility, confidence and robustness to influence and challenge often very senior colleagues, whilst maintaining cultural sensitivity
• Professional finance qualification (ACA, CIMA, CPA)
• Basic understanding of the major functional areas of the pharmaceutical business and an overview of the whole industry and its players.
• Corporate transactions (especially divestments and more complex deal structures such as joint ventures) or equity markets experience
• Knowledge of deal making in the pharmaceutical industry
• Experience of leading third party deal negotiations and the understanding of common commercial legal concepts.
• Project management skills, especially the ability to conduct or manage specialized and thorough financial and commercial due diligence.
This is a high profile role, which will require close interaction with CET members, external advisers and other senior management. We are looking for an innovative and “self starter” approach, an ability to deliver high quality product to tight deadlines and total flexibility of response to changing business requirements are critical to success in this role.
The Corporate Development team manages a fast moving portfolio of strategic projects on behalf of the SVP Global Corporate Development, the Chief Strategy Officer and other CET members. These strategic projects mostly relate to acquisition or sale of companies or brands by GSK and range in value from a few £’m to in excess of £1bn. Each project is unique but all are highly confidential as they have the potential to impact directly the share price of GSK and other companies. The projects are complex in nature, involving the participation of many different GSK functions, and in some cases third parties and external advisors. The Corporate Development team needs to work flexibly, driven by changing priorities and extremely tight deadlines set by CET members.
This role would give you the opportunity to lead and interact with a cross functional team in the evaluation, negotiation and execution of key transactions for the CEO, CFO and Chief Strategy Officer. You will also participate in and/or lead multi-disciplinary, cross-border due diligence teams, drawn from external and internal resources.
Other responsibilities include:
• Independent review and business case assessment for the CEO, CFO and Chief Strategy Officer of transactions requiring CET approval (excluding early stage product licensing). Central support to regional and/or franchise senior management and business development teams as requested in respect of acquisitions and divestments
• Management of external advisers
• Performing entity and product valuations for tax or other purposes.
• Managing GSK equity investment portfolio.
• Assist with training and development of Finance Analysts.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.