- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• PhD or equivalent experience in an analytical, physchem or biophysics field working with biopharmaceuticals or other biotherapeutics. (Biopharm Analytical Scientist)
• Experience in leading customer-focused analytical method development is essential, especially electrophoretic & chromatographic assays e.g. Capillary isoelectric focusing (c-IEF), capillary gel electrophoresis (CGE) & size exclusion chromatography (SE-HPLC).
• Good understanding of ICH guidelines for analytical method development, analytical method qualification and validation and good knowledge of CMC-relevant liabilities of Biopharmaceutical molecules.
• Experience of working in matrix and team environments within the Biopharmaceutical/Biotech industry.
• Knowledge and understanding of critical quality attributes (CQA) and formulation development are desirable.
• Experience working on time-bound multi-project work packages.
• Demonstrated innovator in Biopharmaceutical analytical sciences.
• First-Class communications (oral, aural, written).
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical companies. Our powerful combination of skills and resources provide the platform for delivering strong growth and the platform for responding quickly to the rapidly changing global healthcare environment. We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 markets, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
Within the GSK Biopharmaceutical R&D Unit we are committed to the research, development and commercialisation of a highly novel pipeline of biopharmaceutical-based therapies to treat unmet medical needs. The Biopharmaceutical Product Development and supplies (BPDS) group are a new Department within GSK comprising approximately 60 Staff in the UK group. This department is dedicated to the identification of best-in-class, readily industrialised biopharmaceuticals, the development of cognate cell lines, processes and formulations, and the transfer of such into a CTM Manufacturing environment. BPDS operate as a single-team aligned with those of our key partners in Biopharm Medicine Discovery based within the same state-of-the-art Biopharm facilities at GSK-Stevenage.
We are currently recruiting an Analytical Scientist to be based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK.
The successful candidate will be involved with a diverse range of activities including:
• Demonstrates ability to organize and execute multiple tasks concurrently.
• Independently and proactively executes a wide range of tasks within agreed timelines.
• May be responsible for coordinating and/or executing portions of projects.
• Identifies and analyses problems on a reactive and proactive basis; recommends corrective actions to be taken.
• Problems and issues are identified, and next logical steps are defined & executed with minimal supervision. Anticipates and recognizes potential problems with equipment and initiate actions to troubleshoot.
• Operates open access lab equipment with minimal supervision.
• Trains others in his or her area of technical expertise such as use of open access analytics.
• Actively participates in departmental and cross-functional teams and provides input to decisions.
• Actively participates or leads departmental or cross-functional teams and appropriately influences decision-making.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 31st October 2017.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.