- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Bachelors degree
• In market operational experience
• Experience across brand/product marketing and multi-channel/digital marketing
• Experience from major change programs with an LOC or above country role
• Proven track record for strategic thinking and disciplined execution
• Leadership experience sufficient to lead a business PMO and matrix deployment team
• Experience in management of senior stakeholders including Global and Regional stakeholders and governance groups
• Comprehensive understanding of: 1) Global Pharma Operating Models; 2) Multichannel Marketing.
• Programme management experience sufficient to deliver a complex, global deployment programme on time and on budget, identifying and managing risks and issues as necessary.
• Experience from major change programs with an LOC or above country role. Experience of working with multiple LOCs across boundaries and time zones.
• Large scale organisational change management experience sufficient to drive engagement with and adoption of the global digital platforms. Able to describe and influence organisational mindset and culture as necessary.
• Proven track record for strategic thinking and disciplined execution
Same as above.
Who are GSK ...
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites, and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
At GSK we are leaders in what we do - our pharmaceuticals business is made up of innovative and established medicines and holds leading positions in respiratory disease and HIV, in 2015 we distributed more than 690 million doses of vaccines to over 150 countries, and our Consumer Healthcare group has a portfolio of some of the world’s most trusted and best selling brands. As a company our mission is to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
Summary of the role ...
The purpose if this role is to support Wave 5 Local Operating Companies (LOCs) to transform their business model from the existing GSK Pharma business model, using mainly face-to-face interactions through the field force, to a more modern business model using a fully integrated approach through multiple channels.
• Partner with relevant internal and external stakeholders to support each LOC to continuously implement, embed and improve
a. new multi-channel marketing capabilities,
b. localisation and pull through of globally developed content,
sales and marketing channels,
c. insights and analytics to drive and improve the customer journey,
• Inspire & change mind-sets across LOCs and Global Businesses to embrace the operational changes made to support the embedding of the new global pharma operating model.
• Plan, prepare and deliver against the agreed timeline, milestones and budget
• To ensure to the initiative is delivered with high quality, and in line with GSKs governance and policies and values
Key Responsibilities ...
• Translate the transformation vision into a compelling, actionable LOC specific from-to transformation plan in co-operation with each LOC and relevant stakeholders, based on mapping of current status – initiating follow-up actions as required, including:
o Establishing hubs where necessary
o Contracting with third parties as required
o Ensuring complete content as needed
o Ensuring that capability programs are attend as per targets
o Making sure that accurate reporting and analytics are used as agreed.
• Define a simple and clear LOC engagement model and air traffic control
• Develop end-to-end optimal process maps for email, webinar and portal, with clear accountabilities and timelines.
• Contractor / partner management. Ensure all external partners deliver as per agreed brief / SOW and ensure fully adhere to GSK requirements and ways of working.
• Deliver against the purpose of the role as described and to the agreed timeline, milestones and budget.
• Ensure that the W5 initiative does drive commercial change and is not seen as just a channel deployment activity.
• Direct leadership and partnership with a PMO and 3rd party vendor that must:
o Lead planning, preparation, tracking and reporting for the deployments.
o Lead the E2E delivery and handover back into the business
o Identify, resolve/manage and report business issues and risks for deployment.
o Manage and report testing for the platforms.
o Track, manage and report expenditure vs budget.
o Ensure compliance with all GSK policies and procedures
• Matrix leadership and partnership with IT, the Global Commercial Transformation Workstreams, MC Analytics Leads, Legal, QRC, and Comms.
• Identify and manage interdependencies with other change programmes (e.g. IT upgrades; implementation of steady state service and support model; embedding programme) and with business as usual processes and activities (e.g. annual Business Planning process).
• Engagement and management of relevant Global and Regional stakeholders, including: Regional Heads, GMs, Cluster Heads etc.
• Escalation of issues for support with resolution to relevant governance bodies, as defined by the W5 PMO
Application of knowledge…
• Draw on strong interpersonal communication skills
• Knowledge on how to effectively navigate across organizational boundaries
• Strong understanding of operational delivery in LOCs to partner with Transformation Leads and support the LOCs to implement and embed the n new multi-channel marketing capabilities, localisation and pull through of globally developed content, sales and marketing channels insights, insights/analytics and innovation.
• Ability to inspire and change mindsets across LOCs and Global Businesses to embrace the operational changes made to support the embedment of the new global pharma operating model.
Problem Solving & Innovation…
• The healthcare environment, customer engagement channels and technology available to GSK are evolving at an ever increasing pace. Determining the appropriate direction and prioritisation of steps on the Transformation journey will be challenging but critically important.
• All elements of this role are cross functional and cross business unit and requires the ability accommodate different objectives and business maturity levels.
• External stakeholder and vendor engagement and negotiation skills will be required.
• This role will support LOCs to transform their business model from a traditional business model, using mainly face-to-face interactions through the field force, to a more modern business model using a fully integrated approach through multiple channels.
• The outputs of this role will transform the way we operate in the future – and help GSK ensure that we successfully launch and/or commercialize new chemical entities, medicines and vaccines effectively now and in the future.
Why GSK ? ...
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
We offer a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, a company pension plan, generous annual leave and a personalised career development pathway.
We look forward to receiving your application !
Closing date for applications: 31st Oct 2017
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for interview you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.