- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Experience related to the mobile telephony market place. Either working for a mobile provider or performing a comparable role to this role within a similar large organisation.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Experience working with, and managing external vendors, in particular mobile service carriers.
• Solid understanding of the nature of mobile contracts, commercial models and the market place of the UK and/or the US.
• Experience of working in a large global organisation and operating in either an above country, or a global service environment.
• Experience of service delivery and support organization management, including the development of support processes & procedures.
• Relevant experience within a mobile technology service operation and/or financial management of technology service.
• Working knowledge of the relationship between a technical service and its cost factors and ability to dive into the details and drivers.
• Thorough, detail oriented and comfortable working with complex sets of data.
• Able to take disjointed sources of information such as financial statements, contract terms, operational data to create models to clearly relay knowledge about mobile services across GSK.
• Strong problem solving skills to tackle complex technical problems associated with the nuances of mobile services & contracts.
• Excellent communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of GSK employees from various departments across the company.
• Proven stakeholder management and influencing skills, ability to build robust, enduring relationships.
• Previous experience of operating successfully in a global capacity highly regarded.
• ITIL and Lean experience advantageous.
• A background that includes procurement activities would be hugely advantageous.
Job Description Summary
WHO ARE WE?
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We are a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the centre of all that we aim to do.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
New role created as part of the new Mobile Digital Services function adopted in the EIS group. The new function has been created to support the new company wide agenda to focus on the employee digital experience and to ensure we are supporting and improving the digital productivity of GSK resources.
The main purpose of this role is to assist in the management of our mobile data carriers in the UK & US, drive analysis of opportunities in carrier contracts in other countries and ensure that we have an effective support model that handles mobile device provisioning within GSK (phones and tablets).
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
The role has three core areas of responsibility:
1. Mobile Carrier Management – UK & US. The activities would include ongoing assessment of utilization and capacity management of voice and data services. The role would be accountable for managing invoice information provided by our suppliers and then working with the business and finance to ensure correct charges are applied. This information would also be used to ensure that voice and data utilization by employees is appropriate. In addition, the role would ensure that the supplier is providing services to GSK in alignment with the contractual SLA and that GSK is pro-activity capacity managing the contract to address growth/reductions in consumption
2. Mobile Commercial Support & Opportunities – Rest of World. The role would work with procurement, finance and IT to identify where service or savings opportunities exist in other countries in relation to their existing carrier agreements. This would be done by reviewing local contracts, commercial models, utilization data and planned business changes that would impact consumption of services.
3. Mobile Device Provisioning – GSK sources its mobiles phones and tablets in a range of different ways that vary by country and business unit. This role would support standardising, where practical, the model to request and supply these devices. This would involve working with central and local IT and procurement functions in each of the relevant countries.
Additional responsibilities that underpin the three core areas outlined above include:
• Define and maintain consistent standards for mobile telephony financial reporting across all markets.
• Develop a maintainable system for tracking, verifying and optimizing monthly mobile spend across GSK in agreed countries.
• Deliver clear, accurate and timely financial and business information to support effective and timely decision-making which is based on reliable data.
• Perform ad hoc financial analysis activities to define cost and benefits of projects and service improvements.
• Manage the monthly PO, invoice, payment and charge process for mobile devices in the US and UK today and other countries as the service grows.
• Identify potential service improvements or savings from analysing the collated data (financial data, VOC submissions and benchmarking).
• Support the development of a mobile standard for which all contracts can be bench-marked against internally within GSK.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We seek candidates who can make outstanding long-term contributions to our organization.
At GSK, we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You’ll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please ensure you apply before COB 20th October 2017 to ensure you’re in the running!
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for
Interview you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.