- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• BA/BSc or higher in computer science, data science, natural science (e.g. chemistry), mathematics, statistics, or IT related discipline
• Proven Data Visualization Platform Experience: Spotfire (highly preferred), Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects or other relevant graphical platform
• Proven Experience in an IT related area and/or
• Proven Pharmaceutical Experience
• Proven ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities and to negotiate successfully
• Proven ability to translate business function needs into documentable, communicable, and programmable requirements
• Knowledge of basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Demonstrated direct interaction with clinical study team members of a consistently successful nature
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the application of CDISC data and standards
• Project management or relevant experience
• Demonstrated ability to manage the outsourcing or externalization of Data Visualizations/IT Deliverables in the clinical trials setting (e.g., working with CROs, academic institutions)
GlaxoSmithKline is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, with analysts working at UK and US R&D sites, and Worldwide. In recognition of the developing sophistication and volume of clinical data needed to be analyzed for effective conduct of a modern clinical trial, the Data Visualization Group was formed in Clinical Data Strategy. The mandate of the group was to increase the speed and efficiency of Data Driven Clinical Decision Making through the rapid delivery of Clinical Data Visualizations. The critical nature of the position mandates that it be filled immediately.
The Global Support Portfolio of the Data Visualization Group includes: all phases of clinical drug development, Safety Review and Risk Based Monitoring. These responsibilities span all therapeutic areas. The key activity is support of GSK’s pipeline of drugs, and other accountabilities include: developing and implementing strategies for Data Visualization using both internal, external, onshore and offshore resource, and identifying and implementing Data Visualization solutions to new business areas within GSK.
This role is to support the strategy and delivery of clinical data visualizations utilizing Spotfire for agreed areas of Clinical Projects and Quantitative Sciences (CPQS), which includes, but not limited to: Clinical Study Teams, Risk Based Monitoring, Safety and Clinical Pharmacology. The Data Visualization Analyst acts to design and implement these solutions for GSK clinical trials, and is accountable for creating, verifying, and documenting Clinical Data Visualizations while adhering to study protocols, analysis plans, FDA guidance and GSK / industry standards.
This may be achieved by supporting the development of a repeatable and scalable processes, standard templates, training, oversight of projects with a matrixed on/off shore team. This position will work collaboratively with the Spotfire Delivery Manager to ensure the right processes, standards, and capabilities are in place to deliver efficiently and effectively.
• Plan and oversee programming activities across multiple studies, asset(s), indication or function to deliver all Data Visualization outputs to agreed timelines and quality
• Oversee outsourced tasks to third party vendors and ensure their performance meets the agreed timelines, quality and budget requirements established for the project or study
• Define, develop and embed standards within a function, or therapeutic area in accordance with industry standards
• Responsible for programming and QC across a study/asset
• Review and input into key documents at the project level (e.g. submission documents, clinical reports and publications). May author or co-author reporting analysis plans and department level documents (e.g. SOPs, working practice document).
• Provide tools that add value at study team and functional team level
• Work with other disciplines outside of the department to solve complex problems. Proactively identify, assess and resolve the impact of decisions/actions from other groups. Define criteria for assessing alternative solutions and determine the optimal approach. Make decisions in the face of unusual and conflicting information.
• Appreciate future direction/wider objectives of project or business. Anticipate future challenges.
• Identify recurring problems and initiate process improvement.
• Provide guidance, training and feedback to less senior team members.
May assist or take responsibility for some or all of the following:
• Maintaining standard operating procedures for template development/maintenance, as well as for study-by-study implementation
• Maintenance of specific Standard Templates which will be utilized as the start point of all study level implementations to ensure consistency across GSK. This role will engage with the key business contacts to ensure the templates are adequate/appropriate, and to work with Spotfire Leadership to progress them through change management when they are not.
• Maintenance and improvement of all training materials that will be used by the Spotfire Delivery team, as well as end-users. These trainings should prompt both competency in delivery, and also facilitate ease-of-use for end-users.
• Maintaining metrics/key-performance indicators that evaluate the costs, quality and timings of both on and off shore staff, as well as of effectiveness of templates in order to improve the process, standards and capability of the group.
• Lead projects with oversight of a matrixed off shore team to ensure that deliverables are: on time, correct and high quality.
• Lead special projects involving a high level of complexity.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.