- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Biosciences degree (BSc, PharmD, PhD or equivalent)
• Pharma Industry experience (minimum 2 years) in a Medical / Scientific Affairs role with a good understanding of the Medical Affairs processes, e.g. leading the development of medical affairs scientific communication, education and training materials
• Respiratory experience (COPD, asthma) or related area (e.g. Immunology, Biologics)
• Robust understanding of promotional codes/ regulations; previous involvement in review and approval processes
• Regional or Global experience
• Effective leadership, networking, communication and influencing skills to work effectively in a complex matrix environment
• ABPI signatory status desirable; familiarity with Zinc System desirable
This position offers an exciting opportunity to join the Nucala/Mepolizumab Medical Affairs team in the Global Respiratory Franchise (GRF). The GRF is a dynamic department building on our established heritage in the respiratory area and now launching a number of innovative medicines in both asthma and COPD better designed to meet individual patient needs. The portfolio spans a range of inhaled medications as well as our first biological for use in respiratory medicine and is delivering leading edge research in collaboration with world class institutions.
This office-based Medical Affairs role, depending on the candidate, is an entry level role (grade 6) or medium level role (grade 5) within the global mepolizumab Franchise team. This position will suit an individual who is a self-starter, highly motivated by being part of a successful and innovative environment and have a track record of delivering high quality materials that comply with the GSK Code
• Leads the development of global medical affairs scientific communication, education and training materials for external facing franchise and other LOCs
• Drive excellence in Scientific Engagement (SE) with key stakeholders (HCPs, Patients, Payors and Regulators) to gain a deep understanding of customer needs
• Accountable for the timely development of high quality scientific education materials.
• Drive the timely development of high quality non-promotional materials for Franchise colleagues to use directly e.g. for Advisory Boards.
• Accountable for high quality and timely delivery of promotional materials for direct use by Franchise colleagues or for dissemination to LOCs for local copy approval.
• Works in close collaboration with the GMALs, Scientific Directors, the Global Medical Experts and commercial stakeholders to ensure all materials are strategically aligned to therapeutic, franchise and product strategies.
• Works in close collaboration with the Strategic Capability Director, Product Training (GMPC) to ensure the timely delivery of training materials (slides, e-Learning modules, videos).
• Supports the Medical Director/GMAL in the planning and delivery of Internal Medical Education activities
• Contribute to the Global Medical Affairs Plan (MAP) and Integrated Evidence Plan (IEP) for the relevant asset/ indication(s) under the direction of the Medical Director/Global Medical Affairs Leader (GMAL)
• Developing assigned Franchise study protocols. Inputs to the design and delivery of phase 3b/ 4 studies, coordinating with relevant R&D technical experts e.g. Value Evidence & Outcomes and Epidemiology as required.
• Enhances local tactical plans and shares best practices to support Launch Excellence.
• Ensures all materials and activities meet GSK requirements as laid out in the GSK Standards.
• Supports the copy approval process for globally-derived materials (drives timely delivery through the process, working closely with the relevant content experts).
• Establishes strong working relationships and collaborates with key internal and external stakeholders to efficiently deliver training programmes and materials.
• Gathers and shares best-practice across Global, Franchise and other LOCs to ensure high standards and excellence is maintained across the organization.
• Fully understands and complies with local codes of practice, guidelines and laws to ensure the strictest requirements are met particularly with respect to delivery of promotional verses non-promotional information.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.