- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Degree qualified within appropriate Engineering subject (e.g. Controls, Instrumentation, Automation, Electrical or similar)
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
• Knowledge of Automation / Control Systems
• Knowledge of PLC systems (Ideally Siemens S5/S7/PCS7)
• Use of IT in an Automation Environment.
• Engineering experience working within a GMP / highly regulated plant environment
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your automation engineering skills you’ve learnt so far and develop your expertise within a world leading pharmaceutical company.
You will be joining a team of over 20 Engineers working within the Projects Department at our Barnard Castle site. There will be the opportunity to work across a broad range of innovative projects – contributing to our mission of helping people do more, feel better, live longer from day one, whilst developing and expanding your own experience and expertise.
Our Barnard Castle facility is a key secondary manufacturing site within the GSK network, and one of GSKs flagship New Product Introduction sites - bringing ground-breaking medicines to people all over the world at the right quality and the right price. At Barnard Castle, we proudly manufacture 38 different medicines in over 1500 pack variations to treat HIV, cancer, infectious diseases, migraines, psoriasis, dermatitis, asthma, cold sores and acne, to name just a few, which we supply to over 130 markets around the world.
As a Graduate Automation Engineer you’ll be involved in the delivery of new equipment and improvement projects across the Barnard Castle site. You’ll be involved from project concept and design stage, through to installation, testing and validation of new manufacturing equipment / processes.
You’ll work across dynamic multi-skilled, cross-functional project teams (which may include engineering technicians, representatives from production, validation/quality, packaging or the New Product Introductions team), so the ability to build strong working relationships with great communication skills will be needed.
There will be the potential for some international travel for Supplier visits / Pre-Delivery Testing within this role.
• Ensure that equipment and project specifications issued by GSK are adequate to convey the controls requirements
• Monitor design, development and installation work; ensuring compliance with GSK requirements / procedures
• Ensure that suppliers provide adequate definition of their Control & Instrumentation systems and review them against requirements specifications
• Continue integration and expansion of the Site Automation LAN, interfacing with the GSK IT network as required
• Ensure systems are delivered which comply with GSK’s requirements on ‘Data Integrity’
• Ensure that control systems for projects / new equipment, which have GMP significance, are validated in accordance with company requirements, policies and procedures
• Prepare and complete validation protocols and reports.
• Ensure smooth handover of systems into production
• Provide technical controls expertise to resolve complex problems within the Business Units
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 2nd November 2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.