- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Demonstrated track record of successfully leading the systems agenda for an HR function.
• Experience of driving change as well as advancing the use of systems and technology.
• Extensive experience in the configuration, management and development of Workday.
• Proven stakeholder engagement and business partnering, working alongside senior leaders and functions to deliver a strategic plan.
• Experience within fast-moving, complex and demanding environments, with a need to multi-task and lead in ambiguity.
• Team leadership skills
• Bachelor's Degree or higher.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
The company has a significant global presence with operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 87 manufacturing sites in 36 countries, and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
Over the last few years GSK has implemented Workday globally, bringing together for the first time all the data on our 100,000 employees. It’s now time to move the agenda forward with a focus on all HR systems – including the Workday evolution – to use new technologies to enhance the customer experience and help our staff to meet their objectives to Do More, Feel Better and Live Longer.
In the new role of Head of HR Systems & Digital, you will occupy a pivotal and influential position, working with senior stakeholders across the business and leading a team of experts to transform the global HR landscape. With a team of around 12 (mostly based in the UK with some in North America), you will report into the Head of Global HR Operations, who sits on the HR executive team. As such this is a very visible role with considerable global impact.
You will be able to take the HR agenda to the digital table, and be a credible voice in the growing team of digital experts within the organisation. You’ll understand how to make HR systems more successful by using technology, and will be able to balance the new and radical with the need for governance and prioritisation.
The role will be based in West London at our corporate head office.
The Role - Details
• To lead, develop and execute the Digital and Systems agenda for the HR function, ensuring a positive employee experience, which makes it easy for employees to perform their role whilst enabling the function to deliver efficient and standardized HR Operations.
• To operate as part of the Global HR Operations team working in partnership with IT, Office of the CEO and multiple stakeholders across HR, ensuring strong alignment with the GSK plan.
• To lead a progressive agenda, leveraging existing technologies and GSK core systems whilst developing a clear plan on the use of Robotics & Process Automation to drive efficiencies and effectiveness and ensure an enhanced customer digital experience.
• To drive the cultural change required within the function to support the agreed technology ambitions.
• Lead the strategy to embed and leverage Workday for key business processes, supported by a robust release management process and ways of working globally, whilst ensuring alignment to GSK’s strategy for digital, data and analytics.
• Drive for simplicity and ease of use for managers and employees, ensuring a critical focus on the customer experience and leverage opportunities to connect into broader technology advancements in GSK’s digital agenda.
• Lead a team of Technical Process Leads to deliver and embed end to end business process delivery ensuring a focus on customer experience, continuous improvement and usability of Workday.
• Play a critical role in managing the business relationship and partnership with Workday and take a lead with procurement and IT when contract negotiations are required.
• Work alongside IT to establish a programme of work with appropriate governance and lead the vision on business process design and functionality requirements for Workday and other HR enabling technology e.g. case management systems.
• Explore the use of robotics, automation and digital solutions within HR to enable standardisation and efficiencies in processes and ways of working whilst building high quality multichannel access to HR to meet specific targets to drive activity to self-service and digital solutions
• Through insightful data and analytics, Voice Of Customer and user testing, consistently evolve and incorporate the learning into HR ways of working, ultimately enhancing the customer experience.
• Diagnose and develop a HR plan for leveraging mobile technology to include use of mobile access to Workday to drive Global adoption whilst ensuring a strong focus on Customer usability to better enable managers and employees to get things done simply.
• Ensure an effective learning and support plan is in place to support users of key HR systems whilst aligning across GSK to ensure access, business processes and information is integrated and connected to other systems as required.
• Bring the outside in by understanding the latest developments in the external environment and how they can drive efficiencies in HR whilst generating improvements to the overall customer experience.
• Advance a progressive agenda to simplify and standardize key business processes to include diagnosis and design of plan to drive appropriate activity to digital solutions and self-service.
• Demonstrable stakeholder management with key partners and senior HR leaders and leadership role in the HR Systems Committee governance forum to set direction and prioritization of the key initiatives and investments for the HR function.
• Leadership of an extensive global payroll systems strategy, bringing together multiple, complex processes and systems ensuring effective implementation.
• Develop and lead the execution of a content management strategy for HR content to ensure employees and managers have access to high quality information which enables them to perform their roles
Closing date for applications 22nd September 2017.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.