- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Degree qualified within appropriate Engineering subject (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or similar)
• Able to work in a complex environment taking a balanced view across all interested parties and across business lines
• Practical experience in troubleshooting with development of engineering solutions
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project)
• Engineering experience working within a GMP / highly regulated plant environment
• Experience in Facilities Management or a facility-related Engineering or Technical discipline
• Knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
• Broad technical knowledge of manufacturing plant operational maintenance.
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities
The Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities (WREF) organisation oversees and operates 16 million square feet of space with over 65,000 facilities assets, including all R&D laboratory and pilot plant facilities, with an insured asset value of over £3billion.
As a Graduate Engineer within the WREF team you will maintain and enhance infrastructure through provision of engineering skills, and the effective delivery of maintenance programs and project management. Additionally you will work closely with the operations teams to maintain and optimise the technical performance in terms of reliability, safety and environmental integrity of our sites.
Your role will develop, implement and manage preventive maintenance, inspection and overhaul plans, as well as troubleshooting and providing technical support to ensure delivery of cost effective solutions. It will also provide technical and organisational support to site leadership to drive equipment reliability and performance improvement, as well as implement systems and best practices to ensure proactive measures are being taken for continuous improvement.
Finally you will review and approves maintenance plans, both internal and external, ensuring that all maintenance service contracts are integrated properly.
• Responsible for the implementation of the maintenance strategy for GSK facilities.
• Responsible for deriving and updating preventive maintenance, inspection and calibration programs.
• He/ she derives, reviews and controls regularly preventive maintenance and inspection plans, based on risk analysis and criticality ranking of assets, and meeting business requirements.
• Reviews regularly the content of maintenance/services contracts with OEM’s and service providers.
• Periodically monitors asset performance and analysis of performance losses and the effectiveness of current maintenance strategies, based on reliability expertise and reliability characteristics, modes and risks of failure.
• Assessment of bad-actors in terms of safety, reliability, availability and maintenance cost.
• Provides input to configure the maintenance management system (CMMS) (such as asset breakdown structure, PM plans, task lists, bill of materials etc.).
• Ensures consistent use of root cause analysis tools on assessment of all high-risk reliability incidents.
• Support root cause analysis of engineering related issues or instruments.
• Provides Life Cycle Cost analysis use for new equipment selection when required.
• Support and propose preventive maintenance strategies to ensure the reliability of critical plant.
• Develop and recommend improvements, design changes or modifications to automation/mechanical systems, equipment or procedures.
• Develop technical specifications for maintenance repairs and replacements involving rotating and stationary equipment.
• Create and lead improvement procedures generated by various sources: CAPA, BMS alarms, plant recovery forms.
• Provide technical support for capital improvement projects.
• Support engineering groups to resolve reoccurring issues, deviations and incidents.
• Maintain and complete equipment records and documentation related to tests, maintenance, modifications and repairs.
• Drive continuous improvement by identifying cost, energy, and efficiency opportunities. Facilitate frequent walkthroughs (i.e. GEMBA) within the facilities.
• Oversee gap reviews of global engineering standards, hazardous area requirements etc. to ensure continued compliance with all engineering codes and requirements.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 29th September 2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.