- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
• Experience of working within a production/manufacturing environment
• Able to take ownership of projects and drive improvement programmes
• Degree qualified within appropriate subject
• Environmental knowledge/expertise
• Familiar will varied departments within production/manufacturing
The GSK Consumer Healthcare manufacturing centre in Maidenhead is one of the most advanced operations of its kind in the world. Dedicated to the production of Oral Healthcare brands such as Aquafresh, Sensodyne & Macleans, producing in excess of 400,000,000 tubes of toothpaste and 18,000,000 bottles of Mouthwash per year for consumers across Europe and the Middle East.
We are currently recruiting for an EHS Advisor to be based on site, job details below.
- To provide expert EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) advice to the Maidenhead site focused on a range of controls in order to maintain and improve site Performance, support site operations and implement Core EHS Programmes.
- To provide expert Safety advice to Maidenhead site operations and Senior Leadership Team
- To provide managers with the technical guidance, support and training to enable them to effectively manage performance within their business area and provide training to enable staff to safely carry out their duties
- To support and promote the highest levels of performance consistent with legal requirements, GSK standards and Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Provision of competent EHS advice, coaching and guidance to line Managers
- Provision of advice and leadership in Environmental specialism including effluent and waste management.
- Development, provision and delivery of training to staff and management on EHS aspects.
- Coach and mentor generation of suitable and sufficient risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Development and maintenance of key EHS management system.
- Development, implementation & monitoring of EHS targets and metrics.
- Effective contribution to the development of site EHS strategies and plans.
- Investigation of near misses and adverse events
- Involvement in and leadership of EHS Audits as appropriate.
- Maintain effective relationships with EHS stakeholders and regulators
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd September 2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.