- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Science field with a minimum of 6 years’ experience within the pharmaceuticals industry.
• Proven experience within the Pharmaceutical or Contract Research Industries coupled with detailed knowledge and understanding of the clinical development processes and/or
o Clinical research experience (Phase I - IV)
o Demonstrable experience and participation in the clinical outsourcing process
As above plus:
• A proven track record of contract management or Business/Proposal Development.
• Financial analysis experience, including a proven track record of budget management, contract financial analysis, evaluation of pricing models and negotiation of the financial aspects of contract
• Ability to build relationships at all levels, across many disciplines both internally and externally
• Excellent and demonstrable negotiation, influencing, analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills within the pharmaceutical or CRO industry
• Excellent time-management skills and a proven ability and history of multi-tasking
• Demonstrable ability to drive change and challenge the status quo
To lead the Clinical Development Client Groups through the end-to-end process of clinical outsourcing and contracting process. The provision of expert outsourcing advice and guidance to Client Groups to ensure awareness aware of their role in the overall contracting process, including due diligence and oversight requirements.
• Lead the contracting process and work with Clinical Development Client Groups to deliver contract agreements that are robust and timely through:
o upfront assessment of risk
o development of detailed specifications
o selection of suitable suppliers
o leading the analysis and comparison of proposals - for both service (activity) and cost provision
o negotiating costs and content
o executing contracts and contract amendments
• Ensuring that contracts maximize value whilst minimizing risk across a broad scope of clinical / therapeutic outsourcing services as well as regional, regulatory and legal requirements
• May act as single point of contact for nominated GSK Business Groups to develop both understanding of their needs and to prepare, with them, appropriate solutions to meet their resourcing needs, including determining and defining the scope of contract services required, suitability of suppliers, identification, facilitation and resolution of all business and legal issues
• Deliver solutions for simplifying work practices to increase productivity and reduce waste
• Deputise, in absence, for Line Manager
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.