- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Qualified chartered accountant (ACA or ACCA trained in Practice)
• Significantly PQE experience in a ‘big 4’ company.
• Strong technical accounting knowledge and practical application of IFRS and FRS101.
• Previous experience of working with a shared service environment outsourced to a third party service provider for a large company.
• Working knowledge of UK Statutory accounting/Tax Compliance.
• Previous experience in working as an auditor.
• Previous experience in managing medium/large teams.
• In depth knowledge or experience of the Pharmaceutical industry.
• Service management experience is preferable.
• Demonstrable critical thinking capability.
• Proven ability to identify and resolve problems.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with and influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
• Ability to work in culturally diverse teams and reconcile cultural differences to successfully deliver services.
• Aptitude to adapt to new technologies.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities against strict deadlines ·
• Emotionally resilient and energetic with a positive attitude and approach.
• Proficient with Microsoft excel
• Previous experience of working in a Shared Service Environment outsourced to a third party service provider for a sizeable company mandatory
• Statutory/Tax Compliance experience preferable
• FMCG / Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
• Service Management experience
We are looking for a delivery manager to manage the delivery of the Tax & Stats (T&S) Service line for UK, EMEA and APAC. This is a new organisation within Global Tax and will be reporting to the Statutory Compliance Regional Lead. There will be 3 direct reports in this role.
WHAT WILL YOUR JOB PURPOSE BE?
You will be actively monitoring Service Delivery of the remote service provider located in Eastern Europe, UK & KL (reporting and Support model), working with a team of process improvement experts to drive continuous improvement and troubleshooting issues faced by the Service Provider while keeping regional lead abreast of potential challenges & proposed recommendations.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
• Bringing End to End view of the Service Line provided by Service Provider across two/one locations in Eastern Europe and the UK/KL
• Driving delivery and performance of T&S services across EMEA/KL (including processes tax compliance, statutory reporting and transfer pricing) through near shore Vendor
• Accountable of oversight for day to day vendor delivery of operations,
• Designing, embedding and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) [Lead & Lag], Service Level agreements (SLAs) and controls
• Ensuring customer issues are identified and promptly resolved and proactively identifying any issues or risks to the service
• Escalating issues through service governance, as required
• Feed into GSK T&S strategy at regional level as required (Regional Lead and GPO)
• Ensure Vendor adopts standard practices and consistency in service delivery across the region through GSK policies, tools and processes
• Ensuring robust BCP and risk management of internal controls and regulatory compliance are met through applicable policies, procedures and processes performed by Vendor
• Execute risk mitigation and implementation actions as requested
• Proactively highlight continuous improvements to process
• Statutory Audit Oversight & tax authority coordination
• Agree & validated services plans provided by Vendor
• Maintain visibility tool, including reporting, extracting data, managing joiners and leavers, entity changes
• Leverage standard service governance framework from Service Performance Support team for Risk Management, Vendor Management, Change Management, Project Management, KPIs, Monitoring Controls, Performance & Improvement Management e.g. Comm Cells, Service Review Boards & Problem Solving.
Service Planning and Evolution
• Execute mitigation and implementation actions as requested
• Proactively highlight continuous improvements to process
• Working closely with third party providers and process experts to ensure delivery in line with established service levels and service line strategy.
Customer Relationship Management
• Business partner between service and customers
• Working closely with other GSK organizations to coordinate delivery in line with expected service levels
• Experience in managing people within a team
• Active team member supporting Regional Lead
• Active participation in regular comm cells, coaching & guiding to drive improvement
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive On Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
Interested in Joining the Team?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you’re the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB 27th November 2017 to ensure you’re in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Please note that GSK reserves the right to reject candidates on the basis that they do not meet the basic qualifications.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.