- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
GSK have a challenging and inspiring mission: to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
In the heart of rural Teesdale, the GSK site at Barnard Castle is a key member of the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) organisation producing some of the world’s leading dermatological, sterile, inhaled and oral medicines for a wide range of diseases including MRSA, leukaemia and HIV.
To help enable us to strengthen and increase capacity across the site, we are looking to appoint a number of high-calibre Engineering Technicians to maintain our manufacturing facilities, packaging environments and utilities to support site infrastructure.
As one of our multi-skilled Engineering Technicians, you’ll be providing maintenance support, carrying out planned preventative maintenance, dealing with breakdowns and providing support to investigations and continuous improvement initiatives to allow us supply product to the patient in a highly regulated environment.
You’ll be a time served maintenance technician, ideally with an HNC. Your previous experience may include a controls, electrical or mechanical bias, and you’ll have the opportunity to expand your skills & experience working in a Multi Skilled environment. Additionally you may have worked in Cleanroom environment or on Aseptic Processing plant.
Key areas of responsibility of the role may include:
• Maintain pharmaceutical manufacture, filling, and packaging equipment as well as the building facility and associated services.
• Installation, commissioning and validation of new plant, including generation and delivery of validation documentation.
• Deliver preventative plant maintenance activities through MERPS (SAP).
• Working to current company and regulatory GxP and safety standards.
• Problem solving/root cause analysis and proactive development of plant within a demanding production environment.
• Delivery of Continuous Improvement (CI) projects.
• Fault finding on all types of processes and equipment.
Preferred skills should include 3 or more of the following:
• Enjoy working in a ‘team’ environment and be able to communicate effectively.
• Have experience working within a project environment.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical process and packaging equipment.
• Familiarity working with automated process control systems, with Siemens S5/S7/PCS7.
• Understanding of maintenance and defect rectification on Purified Water, Water For Injection and Clean Steam Systems.
• Knowledge of measurement and control techniques applicable to temperature, pressure, flow etc.
• Experience within a highly regulated production or packaging environment (eg clean-industry, FMCG, food, electronics or similar).
We operate a variety of shifts. The ability to support flexible shift working patterns is required.
In addition to a competitive salary + shift allowance and overtime, we offer an attractive Company Pension Plan, 26 days annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a stimulating and rewarding career opportunity.
Please apply via the online application system.
Closing Date 29th September 2017
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.