- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• BSc. In Chemical/Process Engineering or related discipline preferred
• Competent at problem solving and understanding processes through applying fundamental scientific and engineering principles
• Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and scale-up processes for Oral Care products from pilot plant scale to full scale manufacturing
• Demonstrated understanding of process validation principles
• Good mathematical ability - statistics and design of experiments (DoE) experience an advantage
• Excellent communication and team working skills – able to interact with people at all levels from shop floor operators to management
• Capable of planning, executing and delivering manufacturing campaigns within specified timeframes. Comfortable operating processing equipment and an ability to quickly learn new equipment.
• Demonstrated flexibility; ability to adjust working plans and manage time to accommodate the dynamic nature of real-life projects. .
• Able to manage work load (includes time management), and build working relationships within multifunctional teams.
• Computer literate – able to operate email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
• Full UK driving licence or equivalent as travel to the nearby pilot plant facility will be required.
• MS degree in Chemical/Process Engineering or related discipline
• Experience working in a regulated environment (i.e. Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, or food sectors)
• Experience in the application of Quality by Design principles
• Operational Excellence (OE) or Value Engineering (VE) experience
The GSK Consumer Healthcare R&D team at Weybridge supports the development of leading global brands in Oral Healthcare. Innovative and entrepreneurial, this science-driven centre of excellence uses state-of-the-art facilities and leading edge technologies to stay at the forefront of new product research and development.
Working within the New Product Development group the role offers exposure to a variety of semi-solid and liquid Oral Care products and the opportunity to work with a diverse multifunctional team from marketers and research scientists, to the manufacturing group. This enables a wide breadth of exposure and understanding of the commercial business to be acquired. The role will require travel to European and Global sites.
The business has a fast paced innovation focus with state of the art pilot plants, and significant ongoing investment in process analytical technologies, in-line dosing, and continuous processing. We are currently recruiting for a Process Development Engineer where the key function of the role is as follows:
• Responsible for the process development, scale-up, and technology transfer of new products for New Product Development (NPD) projects for semi-solid and liquid Oral Care products.
• Develops in-depth understanding of the new products in terms of formulation, processing, and their interactions
• Provide engineering and processing knowledge to assist in driving new innovative platform technologies into commercial manufacturing facilities
• Develop scale-up understanding and product/process characterisation
• Support the manufacturing scale-up of development batches, conduct technology transfer of new products into commercial manufacturing facilities, and implement cleaning verification/validation of process equipment as needed, to the required cGMP and Health & Safety standards
• Support the manufacture of new products at pilot plant scale to supply product for use in pivotal stability and commercial trials
• Write and/or review/authorize GMP-critical documentation, such as experimental reports, validation protocols, batch records, development and technology transfer reports
• Lead the scale-up/down from pilot to commercial scale, developing an understanding or developing scale-up rules that can be used by other engineers
• Plan and implement process development experiments at laboratory and/or pilot plant (1/10th) scale, using agreed Operational Excellence/Quality by Design tools such as ESRA, TRA and DoE.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.