- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Scheduling experience, ideally within materials or production
• Able to work within a fast-moving environment
• Comfortable in the use of SAP / MRP systems
• Further education qualification within an appropriate subject
GSK Maidenhead is one of the most advanced operations of its kind in the world. Here we produce over 400,000,000 units of toothpaste and 18,000,000 units of mouthwash on an annual basis. This site is home to some of our most recognisable brands such as Sensodyne and Aquafresh.
Given the huge volumes which we produce it is essential that we ensure the correct materials are available on site when required. This is why we need your skills and experience.
Your role is to be accountable for all material activities and ensure availability for the Master Production Plan. Additionally, you will monitor, maintain and ensure complete data accuracy of all master data related fields within SAP.
This is definitely not a ‘hide behind a computer’ position though. You are part of the manufacturing team and so you will take part in production meetings, build strong relationships with external suppliers and work with your many internal stakeholders within warehouse, finance, engineering and quality.
No two days are ever the same, the manufacturing environment can be unpredictable and you must think on your feet to make sound business decisions under pressure.
As a result, your knowledge and expertise will rapidly develop and in time you will take ownership of brands, production lines and achieve SAP Super User status on site.
Day to Day Duties
• Accountable for all material activities and ensure availability for the Master Production Plan in-line with parameters and supplier scheduling agreements. Proactively working with Suppliers and Procurement to mitigate any potential material shortages.
• Responsible for calling off required materials based on production plan.
• Manage & review requirement plans, managing materials by exceptions, Follow up continuously on open POs, expediting PO’s within lead-times. Maintain in ERP system ensuring correct expected delivery dates.
• Liaise with local Procurement to monitor & manage supplier performance.
• Resolve invoice queries against purchase orders for which Material Scheduler is responsible for.
• Manage, coordinate and control the introduction of new product launches whilst maintaining strict adherence to the planning constraints.
• Analysing inventory levels, ensuring stock accuracy within the supply chain.
• Identification and mitigation of stock at risk and working with key support functions in processing any inventory write off requests and run outs. Management of effectivity dates within ERP system and leading a RCA for high value run outs.
• Own the obsoletion process for all materials within work centre, ensuring transactions are approved at the appropriate level and stock disposed within agreed targets.
• Responsible for tracking vendor performance against contracts/scheduling agreements and purchase orders.
• Accountable for constant monitoring, maintenance and complete accuracy of all Logistics master data related to the selected work centres for which the Material Scheduler is responsible.
• Ensure suppliers and new materials are set up and categorised correctly.
• Supporting SAP users to ensure efficient and effective use of the SAP system.
• Continuously improve scheduling processes using best practice technology.
• Analysing material inventory and proposing opportunities to further develop VMI and inventory level targets.
• Take personal accountability for maintained EHS and GMP standards.
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities
Our Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) teams are responsible for making and shipping the products that help people do more, feel better, live longer. We employ more than 27,000 people in GMS, across 86 sites in 36 countries. Together, these people help to produce 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccines and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products every year.
To find out more about working at GSK, click here.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 20th October 2017.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.