- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Qualified CIMA / ACA / ACCA or its equivalent within Europe
• Hands on SAP experience and advanced Excel skills required
• Demonstrable experience in financial reporting, preparation of statutory accounts, implementation of new accounting standards etc essential
• Ability to communicate at all levels in the business, both written and verbal
• Proven ability to work as a member of multi-functional teams and influence senior management within a market
• Ability to communicate and comprehend financial data in a relevant and concise way
• Self motivated and displays initiative in solving problems
• Ability to plan and manage workload to ensure all key deadlines are met
• Actively seeks to improve processes making them more effective and efficient
• Disciplined, excellent organisation ,experience with shared service KT (desirable)
• Empathy and resilience towards shared service centre set ups
• Able to work both within a team and independently
• Fluency (Written and Spoken) in English and the required market language (ie.Spanish) (Stakeholder communication)
• Experienced in differences between IFRS and local market GAAP
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
• Provide timely, accurate and compliant record to report services including statutory reporting in accordance with local GAAP for GSK's European markets
• Ensure accurate posting of financial transactions within accounts of responsibility including journal entries and interfaces
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and research and analyze any unmatched and / or out of balance entries. Monitor ageing and clear open items reconciliations.
• Prepare, document and manage all month end control processes. Ensure full compliance with GSK SOX requirements
• Produce routine reports, schedules, and summaries for internal & external customers
• Support period end financial closing activities and ensure an efficient and effective close is performed including preparing judgment based accruals where required
• Face the internal customer and manage the stakeholder relationships
• Preparation of annual audit deliverables
• Proactively identifying and contributing towards end to end service improvement recommendations and organizational change initiatives
• Any other relevant activities allocated by Team Leader
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You’ll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, 26 days annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you’re the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB 20th October 2017 to ensure you’re in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.