- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• Engineering related degree with sound knowledge of maintenance engineering
• Proven record of management of complex facilities support services to a large office or pharmaceutical facility, including a GxP environment
• Displays knowledge of the Research & Development process and understands GxP requirements
• Good leadership skills and the ability to establish strong working relationships with key external contract partners, to deliver appropriate site services in agreement with established contracts.
• Knowledge of Lean Sigma/OE/ADP techniques
• Thorough understanding of statutory legislation responsibilities in a technically complex environment.
• Acts as a role model for applying standards to ensure compliance.
• Chartered Engineer qualification or related
• Familiar with Statutory compliance requirements and Health and Safety legislation
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 160 markets and a network of 84 manufacturing sites in 36 countries. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer.
The Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities (WREF) organisation oversees and operates 16 million square feet of space with a population of over 28,000 GSK and other staff, including all R&D laboratories and pilot plant, CH R&D laboratories and pilot plant and all WREF office accommodation.
This role will provide ongoing support to WREF Operations, responsible for Facilities Services and Capital Projects programme management. This will include the development and improvement of process that support the operational delivery model and interfaces with other GSK functions, service partners and other 3rd party providers.
The purpose of this role is to support the consistent delivery of facilities and services, working to ensure they are aligned to the local needs and priorities of the business, and to ensure that cost, quality and compliance metrics are achieved by key contract partners. The incumbent will be responsible for regional compliance to external licensing and statutory requirements for services provided by WREF.
• Verification and approval of all contract partners Critical and Key Performance Indicators – ensuring GSK’s support services requirements are met.
• Identification and evaluation of business driven variations to service delivery – local approval and escalation
• Lead investigations and remedial plans in the site for; significant service failures, critical/major audit findings, dispute resolution and process improvements
• Champion implementation of standards and process improvement initiatives from WREF service towers into site delivery teams
• GSK responsible person for external licence or statutory duty holder requirements in WREF areas of responsibility.
• Manage ‘one off’ business projects as required by WREF Site Operations Director
• Representing these FM needs and priorities into WREF budgeting, and tower service specifications.
• Determine site facilities and utilities development needs and priorities in conjunction with contract partners. Represent these needs and priorities into WREF service towers
• Maintain ethics and compliance values even when potential risk exists
• Execute remediation plans from policy gap assessments. Escalating risks and or conflicts with local customer ways of working
• Deploy compliance processes locally and Identify/escalate operational risks to governance teams
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Closing date for applications: 22nd September
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.