- About us
- People Like Me
- WISE Awards
- WISE Conference
• At least expert level in SAP Warehouse and distribution either in consulting or large multinational companies experience, preferably in the manufacturing area.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher.
• 5 full project lifecycles including lead role in blueprinting.
•Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
.• Detailed knowledge of the SAP Warehouse Management processes along with functional knowledge of the interface mechanisms to 3rd parties as well as significant experience of the integration in procurement, production, quality management and sales & distribution. Very good knowledge required of handling unit management, radio frequencies functionalities and labeling functionalities.
• Sound understanding of the Warehouse business processes – demonstrated breadth of knowledge and solution delivery experience across the end-to-end process, acquired through multiple project leadership roles in global SAP implementations.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Capable of working effectively in large, complex cross functional teams, capable of building relationships across different stakeholders and functional groups.
• Project management skills, conceptual mindset to re-engineer a process and emotional intelligence to “sell” it.
• Strong strategic direction setting capability.
• Solution oriented and problem solving.
• Dynamic, flexible, team player and result driven.
• Ready to travel on a frequent basis (deployment phase).
Please see basic qualifications
Senior W&D Functional Consultant
Competitive salary and benefits on offer
Based in GSK House, Brentford
Closing date for applications: 27th August 2017
Job Description Summary
WHO ARE WE?
GlaxoSmithKline is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. We discover, make and market life-enhancing products that are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. We have 3 primary areas of business in pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. We have offices in more than 115 countries, major research centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China and an extensive manufacturing network with 87 sites globally. Our three strategic priorities are to grow a diversified global business, deliver products of value, and to simplify our operating model.
Global ERP is driving the transformation of GSK’s standard financial, commercial and manufacturing processes to a common SAP software platform, for around 80% of the organisation. We are responsible for delivering GSK’s ERP strategy, focused on improving service, transforming the delivery model and simplifying processes.
Global ERP is part of Core Business Services (CBS), GSK’s integrated cross-functional support services organisation. We are a 1,000-strong global organisation, working with many vendor partners, with main operations in the UK, US, Malaysia & India.
GSK had a large, established SAP landscape that consists of over 27,000 users across 9 landscapes. At the beginning of 2010, the GSK Executive team approved a major ERP implementation programme that will upgrade, standardise and extend the current landscape for its Commercial, Financial and Manufacturing users over the next four years.
GSK’s ERP strategy is acknowledged to be one of the most ambitious, globally. Global ERP works with senior GSK business process owners to:
- standardise common processes to deliver consistent quality and efficiency in line with the CBS operating model
- collaborate to deliver common data across business intelligence, end-to-end visibility across the supply chain and to drive Commercial and Pharmaceuticals collaboration.
Our ERP vision:
– Be more agile in integrating new business by driving standard ways of running our back office.
– Drive process improvement and simplification through global standard processes.
– Be more insightful in making business decisions through faster, easier access to quality information.
– Reduce the cost and complexity of compliance through standard controls.
– Be more cost effective and swifter with system upgrades.
– Simplifying and standardising ways of working and data.
– Build in scalability that enables ‘core’ ways of working by all sites.
– Implement a system that is sustainable and removes obsolescence risk.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
The IT department is looking to recruit a Senior W&D functional consultant. We continuously expand our SAP footprint with a clear vision to implement wall to wall ERP with a large function coverage supporting World Wide vaccines network.
As Senior W&D Functional Consultant, you will:
• Be a member of a team of functional consultant (internal & external resources) delivering IT solutions aligned with the Manufacturing department strategy.
• Specify the solution design & deliver strategic IT systems in the Manufacturing area.
• Enable & sustain business change & business process reengineering.
• Lead project implementation of key strategic projects prioritized by Business partners.
• Have a long-term accountability of the implemented systems / templates.
• Drive continuous improvements in Manufacturing processes & Manufacturing reporting.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We seek candidates who can make outstanding long-term contributions to our organization.
The benefits of working at GSK Global ERP include innovative projects, passionate people and a truly global business atmosphere.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Closing date for applications: 27th August 2017
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for
Interview you may contact email@example.com
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.