Sponsored by Institution of Engineering and Technology, Royal Academy of Engineering, and WSP, the seminar is AFBE’s flagship networking event of the year for STEM professionals/ students, BAME community groups, STEM promoters, stakeholders from engineering organisations, politicians and the wider community.
At this event, we will hear from a panel of speakers on their views. Skills supply remains a major concern of the UK engineering and construction sector particularly post Brexit. This seminar aims to explore the importance of making the most of diverse talent within the engineering sector to fill the skills gap.
Discussions will include:
- Benefits the UK Industry stands to lose from leaving the EU
- New opportunities the industry outside Europe presents
- Advice to aspiring professionals looking to get into the engineering industry
- The benefits of Diversity and Inclusion engagement post brexit
We have an excellent line up of speakers including:
- CEO, Royal Academy of Engineering , Dr Hayaatun Sillem
- CEO, Civil Engineering Contractor’s Association, Alasdair Reisner
- Associate Director, Immigration Law, Pennington’s Manches, Penny Evans
Thereafter guests will be hosted to a drinks reception with bowl food.