- Balfour Beatty - Langley
The Curve Second Floor Axis Business Park,
Slough SL3 8AG
- Thursday 30th November 2017 09:30 - 17:00
- Event Type
- £150 + VAT
Learn to teach girls STEM is for them
Sign up for training in People Like Me and learn how to engage directly with the next generation of STEM talent.
We are offering training in the People Like Me approach, allowing this tool to be delivered as part of your organisation’s outreach work.
The People Like Me training is a half day course. We run regular sessions nationwide. If this session is not suitable please complete this form to register your interest and we will be in touch when another course is booked.
Booking via Eventbrite
Use Early_Bird for a 20% discount until 30 September
The People Like Me training is a three-hour session covering:
- Raising awareness of unconscious bias, how it affects all of us from the classroom through to the workplace and at home.
- An introduction to People Like Me, understanding the research, the approach and methodology
- Undertaking the People Like Me quiz as a trainer
- Training on delivery of the People Like Me resource in schools
Training on extension sessions such as:
- Having role models as part of the sessions
- Mother and Daughter sessions
- Homework suggestions for the classroom (teacher led)
At the end of this session you will be aware of your biases, confident in delivering a People Like Me session and will understand a little more about why you are happy in your role!
We have organised 2 sessions and you have the option below to select whichever suits.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Shagufta firstname.lastname@example.org