Empower your colleagues to help create an inclusive training environment
Your policies and practices are in place to support the building of an inclusive training environment. Colleagues are aware of what is expected of them, and processes support your apprentices in both the workplace and the training environment.By involving your colleagues further in building a positive and inclusive culture you can embed the culture and really develop team spirit and a supportive environment.
We provide ongoing training and CPD opportunities.
Consider the training needs of your employees, how aware they are of the value of diversity, and how they can be an integral part of developing an inclusive culture.
Offer opportunities for CPD around culture, race and gender awareness.
Consider specific training for particular roles:
- Mentoring training
- Public speaking and presentation
- Ambassador/role model training
- WISE People Like Me training for outreach workers
Bring in external speakers to share their experiences and disseminate good practice. Make use of WISE member organisations and their case studies.
We support employees to participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Offer opportunities for employees to participate in a range of inclusivity initiatives.
- Participation in a mentoring scheme,
- Participation in networks (Women’s networks, parents groups, charity groups),
- Community and charitable events and activities,
- Themed events, specific days or weeks around a topic,
- Working with similar organisations to develop good practice and share resources.
We acknowledge and celebrate employees’ contribution to developing an inclusive environment and raising awareness of opportunities in the organisation.
Publicly acknowledge and celebrate where staff have:
- Contributed to a more inclusive environment,
- Supported/mentored others to progress,
- Carried out activities in the wider community to raise awareness and support diversity.
We listen to and learn from our employees’ feedback.
Offer opportunity for employees to raise issues, concerns and recommendations in safe and supportive environments.
Act on these comments.