Apply for the WISE Young Women's Board 2018
Apply now to Join the WISE Young Women’s Board - Closing Date 3 November 2017
This is an exciting opportunity for young women working in STEM to make a valuable contribution to the success of the WISE campaign and to raise their personal profile within the industry.
The WISE Young Women’s Board (WYWB) act as an advisory panel and ‘sounding board’ to inform the WISE campaign strategy by drawing on the ideas and views of young women studying and working in STEM. The WYWB members also act as role models and ambassadors in their own organisation and behalf of WISE as speakers and attendees at events and for the media.
WISE has a small number of openings from January 2018 and welcomes applications from employees at all WISE member organisations - particularly those in the technology sector, to create a balanced representation for our members. We are particularly keen to have a balance on the board of those who have qualified via the apprenticeship and graduates route.
To qualify to apply you must:
- Be available for a phone interview on 4th or 5th of December 2017
- Be an employee of a WISE member – you can see a list of members here
- Be 30 years old or under on 31 December 2019
- Be a confident communicator passionate about women in the STEM sector
- Have time to commit to WISE campaign activities and contribute with enthusiasm and energy
- Hold STEM qualifications or equivalent experience and work in a STEM position
In addition, you and your company must commit to the following time and associated travel and accommodation expenses in support of your application:
- A telephone or video interview
- Participation in WISE Young Women’s Board meetings, usually quarterly, by phone or in person
- Represent WISE at a minimum of four in-person activities in a calendar year
- Attendance and support at the annual WISE Conference
- Participate in a media training session
- Sign and agree Terms of Reference if you are selected as a WYWB member
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS 3 NOVEMBER 2017.