The Chief Scientific Officer’s WISE Fellowship Programme for NHS England
The Chief Scientific Officer's WISE Fellowship Programme for NHS England, a brand new initiative, is now taking applications for 2017.
Read about the successful recipients of the first Chief Scientific Officer’s WISE Fellowship scheme here.
Who should apply?
The Chief Scientific Officer's WISE Fellowship is a unique opportunity for mid-career female healthcare scientists to gain invaluable leadership experience. Successful applicants will be selected based on both their potential to make a difference in their current and future roles in addition to their commitment to inspire the next generation of healthcare scientists.
What will the Fellowship consist of?
There will be four Fellowships awarded this year and the career development programme will include:
- Mentoring by senior leaders in the fields of healthcare, academia and industry
- Attendance on the widely acclaimed WISE Career Development Programme with follow-up professional coaching sessions at the six and twelve month stages of the Fellowship
- Speaking and ambassadorial opportunities via both the WISE and healthcare science networks as well as through attendance at the WISE Conference and National Chief Scientific Officer's Conference 2018
- Individual WISE membership and the opportunity to join senior leaders at NHS England Healthcare Science advisory meetings
- Access to the self-assessment and 360-degree feedback tools of the NHS Healthcare Leadership Model, to help assess and develop leadership abilities and behaviours.
The selection process will include an application form and an interview. The closing date for applications is May 19th 2017. Interviews will be held on Thursday 22nd June and Tuesday 27th June 2017.
Career Development Programme
- Day 1 - Thursday 28 September 2017
- Day 2 - Wednesday 25 October 2017
- Day 3 - Thursday 16 November 2017
- Day 4 - Tuesday 5 December 2017