The Chief Scientific Officer’s WISE Fellowship Programme for NHS England
The Chief Scientific Officer's WISE Fellowship is a unique opportunity for mid-career female healthcare scientists to gain invaluable leadership experience. Successful applicants will be selected based on both their potential to make a difference in their current and future roles in addition to their commitment to inspire the next generation of healthcare scientists.
What the Fellowship consists of?
Four fellowships are awarded each year and they include:
- Mentoring by senior leaders in the fields of healthcare, academia and industry
- Attendance on the widely acclaimed WISE Career Development Programme with follow-up professional coaching sessions at the six and twelve month stages of the Fellowship
- Speaking and ambassadorial opportunities via both the WISE and healthcare science networks as well as through attendance at the WISE Conference and National Chief Scientific Officer's Conference 2018
- Individual WISE membership and the opportunity to join senior leaders at NHS England Healthcare Science advisory meetings
- Access to the self-assessment and 360-degree feedback tools of the NHS Healthcare Leadership Model, to help assess and develop leadership abilities and behaviours.
The selection process includes an application form and an interview.
Look out for information in the newsletter for the next round of applications.